Thursday 12 December 2013

Pink Clove - Tartan Skater Dress Review



I think it's fair to say that when I look for a new dress I either want something that could be a staple piece in my wardrobe or something more suited to those special occasions. When I first saw this dress it was worn by a couple of the girls at the recent Plus London event that took place this year. Now it seems that the common trend at the moment is Tartan prints, so combine that with a skater cut and for me you have yourself a winner!

The thing that caught my eye with this dress was how it suited everyone I saw wear it! When I see garments in an all over pattern I often find them to be a little too much or not quite enough. In this case I thought the look was just right, the colouring wasn't too bold or too rich, it was perfect!

This dress has fast become one of my favourite pieces to wear as it's just so comfortable! The stretchy material moulds perfectly around my bust and waist and feels fantastic on. I love the sleeves as I get the prefect coverage over my arms (as you may know from previous posts of mine I'm one to cover up my arms when I can!). For me though one of the great things about this dress is the belt! I have bought many an item over the years which comes with a belt and it's usually an accessory that I have to discard as most clothing companies simply make them too small!
I have worn this dress out and about, at work and for drinks. Each and every time I have had compliments from those around me and I always feel fantastic in it. Also I should add that it washes really well and the colour doesn't fade either.




I tend to wear this dress with thick black tights or leggings but of course you can go without and wear it on it's own. This is a fantastic item for this time of year as it's warm, colourful and has those reds and blues we all love! I have tried out a few different things when wearing this one and have swapped the navy patent belt for black and red vintage cinch belts. I tend to wear silver accessories such as bangles, pendants and my hoop earrings that I love so much. You can play around with this dress however you like to be honest. It might be a nice look to try some acrylic jewellery in the reds and blues to compliment the dress or you could even try black! I have worn this dress with black Uggs, high heels, boots and flats! The options are just endless. If you like this one you really should try it, you won't be disappointed! 


Stock Images Courtesy Of Pink Clove

This dress is currently available at www.pinkclove.co.uk for a fantastic £22 





1 comment:

  1. Thanks Vicky that's so sweet! :) From what I can see everyone who loves this dress simply can't get enough of it! I look forward to seeing how you've styled it too xx

    ReplyDelete