Thursday 2 January 2014

My Top Looks From 2013

2013 was a really jam packed and eventful year for me! I was thrust into the plus size community and went from being a reader of blogs to starting up this one of my own. One of my new years resolutions for last year was to work on my self confidence and to branch out a lot more with my sense of style and I am so happy to say that I achieved these goals! Now I have a long way to go with where I want to be but I have to say it feels good to be in a place where I can say I have embraced myself.

I started last year with the outlook that I was going to make the most of what I have and do my utmost to step out try some new things with my sense of style. My mission was to take my all black wardrobe and I throw some heavy bursts of colour in there. My choice of style went from vintage pinup to bodycon chic in a matter of weeks!

I scoured internet pages everywhere to see how girls with a similar size and shape were dressing and I soon found some things that I wanted to try out and I have to say I am so proud that I did! 

Here are some of my favourite looks from 2013 and why they topped my list!


I fell in love with the Collectif Clothing range this year and I cannot wait to get more items from them! The clothes are fun, sassy and gorgeous and best of all, vintage! I absolutely love vintage fashion and I always have back from watching shows like happy days and movies like grease when I was younger.  I always wanted a dress that twirled so wide it was a show stopper. And anyone who knows me personally will know that i'm more than happy to shake what I have on the dance floor too!

The Dolores Doll, Sindy Doll, Gretal Gingham dresses and Blue Dietrich coat were my favourites! I have to admit I have several pieces from Collectif and I aim to double or even triple that amount in 2014! 

Some other items I bought but have yet to review are these lovely beauties: 


Stock Image Courtesy of Collectif

The Betty Lou skirt
I just love the little bow on this one and I love how it looks on!
Doesn't Georgina A.K.A Fuller Figure Fuller Bust look amazing in this outfit!?!

 

Stock Images Courtesy of Collectif

After I fell in love with the Dolores Doll Dress I had to pick up these hot Dolores tops!
I'll be sure to write reviews for these items very soon!

It's no secret how much I loved the Powerfit dress by Scarlet & Jo exclusively for Evans. This dress had something so cool about it and the fact that it was such a versatile number with so many different colour ways available was reason enough for any woman to get excited! These are my top 3 out of the 5 I bought! Of all the bodycon dresses I picked up this year I loved the Powerfit range the best as they had a sophistication that the others didn't. I have worn these dresses in many different situations and I feel like a million dollars each and every time! 


I loved playing around with different forms of clothing this year and some of the freshest looks for me were these! I bought my first swimdress and cover up from Evans this year but I have yet to try them out in a hot holiday destination, so when I do I'll let you know how I get on with them! 
The bodycon dresses you see below are from Asos. The Geo print and the XOXO dresses were the two styles I selected. I wanted to go daring and try something totally new and I think these dresses seriously tested my usual sense of style!


Overall 2013 was a fun year and I did and saw so much, made some fantastic friends and really pushed my own personal limits with what I previously would have been way to scared to even try on let alone walk down the street in! I look forward to seeing what fun and interesting looks 2014 has to offer and I'll be sure to keep you guys posted! 

Have a fantastic 2014! Let's make this year ours!!

Links:
www.collectif.co.uk
www.evans.co.uk
www.asos.com
www.fullerfigurefullerbust.com



3 comments:

  1. I love how colourful and happy you are. You look good in everything. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mookie that's really sweet and definitely encouraging xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete