Monday 21 April 2014

The Hamburger Queen Grand Final

We all love to see is our friends doing well and making huge strides in their life. One of my old friends, who I wish I got to see more often has been busy carving out quite a name for himself in the entertainment biz and it's no shock for me to see him stepping out into his own...

Many years ago when I was doing a lot of improv and musical theatre I met one of the most exciting, flamboyant and talented people I have ever worked with! Through various projects with the Camden People's Theatre and London's famous Roundhouse he and I collaborated and shared the stage together. After all this time it's such a great thing to hear him feature on radio shows and see his many appearances on TV shows and in magazines. I'm sure many of you will be familiar with his work and may have even seen his current show Palava at the Roundhouse.  


Image Courtesy Of Scottee

Scottee (or Scott as I know him) has never been afraid of being himself and encouraging others to do the same. We first worked together when we were about 14 years old and even back then he was pushing for greatness! When I first heard that he was spearheading a beauty pageant/talent show for plus size people I was thrilled! Scott has always been the kind of person eager to have a laugh, embrace himself and encourage others to do the same so this event is more than fitting to his character. 


Image Courtesy Of Scottee

Hamburger queen is back and this Thursday is the grand final! The finalists will battle it out at the Bloomsbury hotel for the grand prize! I love the idea of the event and I wish I had been able to take part in it. Those of you who are familiar with my blog know that I really want people to embrace themselves, be as confident as possible and have fun with who they are so you can understand why this fun, exciting and wild event is something I would want you to check out. Hey you never know seeing a group of fun and vibrant people showcasing their talent might just tickle your fancy! 

So what can you expect from this amazing event?

Scottee welcomes you back for a fourth and final, super sized helping of his infamous talent show for fat people Hamburger Queen!

Over three heats and a gang of plus size punters has been whittled down in a game show designed to find the perfect fatso, and now it's time for the Grand Final. Each chubby contestant will endure three rounds: Trend (flaunting your fat fashion), Taste (your signature dish served to our celebrity judges) and Talent (light entertainment for heavy weights).

This years head judge is international plus size model and 'British bombshell' (Vogue)
Felicity Hayward!

The winner will receive £500 cash, £300 worth of prizes from Tatty Devine, Paul A Young, Mr Bake as well as Bestival tickets, a bottle of fizz, the coveted Hamburger Queen medal, the legendary Golden Unhappy Meal and the 2014 title!

More? Resident disc jockeys Unskinny Bop, guest performance from Le Gateaux Chocolat, 'What's Jude eating this week?' and the world debut of our in house tap dance troupe The Cholesterols! Lest we forget to mention we also have a pop up diner from Mr Bake - anyone for a burger in a donut?!

The search to find the perfect plus size porker is nearly over.
Who will become the final Hamburger Queen?

For more information and to purchase your ticket click here

If you would like to see more from Scottee check out his website where you can find his social media links and see what he's getting up to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment