Saturday 30 August 2014

Bright, Blue And A Little Different!

In the past year and a half I have been on such a fashion adventure! Journeying through different cultures, colours and fabrics and still finding new things to excite me with each passing day! I will be honest having so many options is strange to me and it's most definitely a new and liberating experience. Being a plus size woman and not having many options with what clothing was available to me is what I have been used to for so many years. Now to be spoilt for choice is a very welcome and refreshing experience! 

Even though I am enjoying my time playing dress up there are still so many items that catch my eye and that can be down to small details, colours and cuts. This gorgeous cobalt blue top (size 4) is from Pure Energy; a US brand available at Target and various online outlets. Unfortunately this top is no longer in circulation but it may be worth checking out ebay or some other sites to see what there is in the plus range. Many of the items are really nice options for office wear or if you want to find an interesting separate. I really like the lace front detail on the chest and thought it gave an otherwise simple garment that little extra something...



Paired with this black kilt from Asos Curve size 26 (also unavailable). I think this was a casual yet fun look for me. Admittedly the skirt could be a size smaller to sit firmer on my frame but I quite like the looseness in the fit. Sometimes it feels good to have something skim your frame rather than hug it. As my arms are quite big, the sleeves of the top are a little snug so the contrast in fit was nice for me. 

I really enjoy wearing skirts that are knee length or just that bit longer. My reason for this is that they work really well with my body type. Fitted skirts sometimes have to be up-sized because of my behind. They tend to ride up a little and in order to maintain a good look and fit I often look better a size a bit big. Having said that this isn't an issue that I face when I wear A-line skirts, skater skirts and kilts as you can see in these pictures. 



I decided to keep it really simple with accessories and just wore my twisted silver hoop earrings. Earrings are an accessory that I wear every single day and without them I feel as if something is slightly off. I can go without necklaces, bracelets and other additions but the tools that decorate my ears are a must have! 

A simple pair of low ankle boots from Evans were my shoe of choice and my look was complete. A little extra height and I was on my way. These boots are no longer available but check out the site to see what new lines are available as there are some really nice ones. 
I like those outfits that can be worn at work or on the go. In the fast pace life that we live these days it's near impossible to have the time to go home and change for a chance meeting with friends or whatever. 



Play around with your wardrobe. It can be fun to have a selection of funky separates that can form several different outfits. In my case I look out for many blue items what with it being my favourite colour and all. If any of you have found a fun way to play around with a kilt and put your stamp on the traditional Scottish item I would love to see what you've done. Feel free to send me an email or drop me a message on my Facebook page.


Play around, take risks and remember, whatever you where, feel fabulous in it and where it with a smile! 



No comments:

Post a Comment