Monday 3 November 2014

Bringing Autumn And Winter Together


So the clocks have turned back by an hour and the official start of the winter season has been marked. At the moment though we are still in that in-between stage where heavy jackets, snugly scarves and thick winter warmers aren't quite required just yet. The good thing about this time of year is that opportunity we have to be more playful with other elements to our wardrobe attire. Cute hats, funky accessories and warmer colours are hitting the stores and with that we are able to wear the odd summer item with some more seasonal items to create an outfit. 

Admittedly I don't have many earthy tones in my wardrobe and I don't have many green or brown items in my wardrobe. I think these are great colours and they work with a variety of different styles but I haven't found many items that have caught my eye. Having said that when something really works for me I will usually buy it in more than one colour. When I first saw this cold shoulder dress from Boohoo I picked it up in black but I have to say this Lime green colour really works for me and I like the contrast in colour against my skin tone. I'm not afraid of fitted or tailored clothing by any means but I have to say it is nice to have the odd item that simply skims over your frame rather than hugs it. The single bold colour also acts as a canvas in a way allowing you to accessorize or dress up the look any way you want.



The cut and length of this dress makes it a nice one to wear as a single item or styled with leggings and a cute jacket or coat. I thought that my Black PU Biker Jacket from Yours Clothing would work well with this look. The tailored cut of the jacket compliments the looseness of the dress and the length is a nice one if you want to feel coverage without having to wear a long or heavy jacket. The side zip detail and pockets make this a piece that would work with my different items and I look forward to styling this one with other looks soon. 

For me one of the most important elements to an outfit during the autumn winter months is footwear! With the weather being so changeable and unpredictable I feel it's important to be prepared for what's to come and to incorporate style with practicality. I was recently gifted a pair of Shawbury Boots from Hotter. I have to say I had never owned a pair of shoes from the brand beforehand and I wish that I had! The shoes are built in such a way that makes them really bouncy and they are incredibly comfortable. The soles of the shoes are built like inbuilt gel cushions, only better! There are tons of tiny little air bubbles in the soles of the shoes which not only make the shoes more comfortable they give you that extra spring in your step that's needed when the weather goes from warm and sunny to dark and gloomy. I always try to weather strong leather boots this time of year as they are the best thing for battling the wet and cold. If you are considering trying out something new you should check out the Hotter site to see what other styles are available. 



This time of year I like to wear hats every now and then and so I thought I would finish off this look with a beret I bought from Simplybe many years ago. This is often my go-to hat when I'm either having a bad hair day or I need a little extra coverage this time of year.

My usual hoop earrings were included with this look and I thought I'd wear a recent purchase of mine with this one. When I saw this medallion necklace with tassel detail from Primark it was one of those must have items for me. I like really long necklaces as having a large bust can often make necklaces hang a little higher than I would like so anything that can add length often catches my eye. Being a fan of wearing a little bling; I wanted to include the Crystal Detail Stack Ring from Evans. Sometimes Just a few bold pieces of jewellery can really set off a look. 


Before you go and stash away all of your summer favourites take a second look as you may find the odd item of clothing that you can incorporate into this season's looks. With this outfit I could have worn an interesting scarf, different style jacket and boots. There are many ways you can switch up a look and it can be the finishing touches that gives something that different style. 


Remember what ever you where, feel fabulous in it and where it with a smile!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic autumnal look! The colour of the tunic looks amazing on you and I love the beret is so chic. You look amazing!

    http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/curvygirlthin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charli. I'm still pretty attached to a lot of my summer wardrobe so I thought it would be cool to share how I bring some of the looks into my winter style. Glad you like the outfit and thanks for the compliment xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of the tunic on you! Look so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete