Thursday 12 March 2015

Monochrome Mixup!


Sometimes you just feel like mixing things up a little. In my case I tend to dress according to my mood, the usual tact I take is dress in a way to compliment my mood or in an effort to change it. When it's a hot summer day I like to wear bright and fun colours that make me feel summery and ready for anything. In the winter although I dress in accordance to the weather, my mission there is to add some much needed colour to the dreary season.

Just a few days ago Hanna, Isha and I went to the George Asda press day which took place at Somerset House to see what spring and summer delights they had to offer. That morning before heading out to meet the girls, I took a look out the window and decided that I would be wearing an outfit that was head to toe black and white. When I play around with monochrome styles the look tends to be a causal one. I figured that as I was heading to a fashion press day I would put my spin on things and play around with varying patterns and prints all in black and white.



The girls and I had a fun filled afternoon and we got to see some great new lines coming from George. Fun and fresh beach looks, sophisticated and fun outfits for the evening, cute looks for summer days and some amazing items for the home. Stay tuned for some future posts from me featuring some of the current lines available

Working my way from top to bottom I decided to pull out a black and white bandana for my hair, those of you who know my style will know that hair scarves, bandanas and hats are very prominent in my personal style. I like to use them as a way of pulling an outfit together and more often than not they come in handy when taking care of a bad hair day! Paisley prints are something I go crazy for just as much as houndstooth and polka dots so this was an easy choice for me.



The main outfit for me was going to be some items that are from previous collections by Zizzi. What with London Fashion Week just behind us and the fashion brands all out in force promoting their High Summer ranges the slogan 'Sport VS Fashion' seemed to fit perfectly for a casual sports luxe sort of look. I'm wearing the oversized t-shirt dress in size XL. Paired with black leggings that come complete with a white panel across the legs, size XL. I couldn't go wrong with the look I wanted to achieve.



To finish off the look I of course opted for my Biker Jacket from Yours Clothing, size 24. This jacket has become one of my many go-to items as it works with a large variety of styles. My dogtooth trim shoe boots from Evans were a must as I was mixing patterns and prints. For accessories I wore my houndstooth satchel, black steel diamonte chaps bracelet and chocker. 

For me when it comes to style it's subjective. Wear the clothes that make you feel incredible and have fun with how you style them! I love experimenting with my look I find it's a really fun and changeable way of expressing myself and the great thing about it is that many other people will inspire you along the way. I see women walking down the street every day in the cutest outfits and I'm always attracted to the fine details in the outfit. I pay attention to colour combinations, accessories and makeup. 


Sometimes the simple items can be really brought to life by the small things you do in your outfit. Match your lipstick colour to something in your look maybe a colour on a top, your bag etc. Find accessories to either compliment an outfit or bring a new dimension to it.

Zizzi clothes can be found at Navabi, these items may not be available but there are some really cool looks that you can pick up, check out their link here.


Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!

2 comments:

  1. I've never bought anything from Zizzi before, but I must have a look! I really like this outfit- it's comfy, but stylish and the big smile on your face brings it all together :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment hun. I first tried Zizzi last year and I LOVE the brand! The quality is amazing, style always fashion forward and the fit is great I cannot recommend them enough xxx

      Delete